Is it a good idea to build your own Security Awareness Training Platform?
WATCH VIDEO HERE
The short answer is no. We speak to numerous companies on a daily basis regarding the security awareness training and very rarely we come across a company that wants to build their own security awareness platform. In many cases, we come across companies that already some sort of internal training programme or a platform and they talk to us because they are fed up with how time consuming it is and want us to make their job easy. Continue reading and you’ll know why.
Firstly, you need to have really good enough reason to justify building your own SAT platform. Here are the things you need to build your own.
- Developer skills
- Content creation
- Feature rich
The biggest hurdle in the process is to create content and keeping it fresh and relevant. Then developing a platform that can make your job easy in terms of managing, reporting and integrating with others. Hosting, skills, maintenance are other things that make it almost difficult to justify. You will also need to have some sort of way to measure the effectiveness of your training and the system need to integrate with your content platform. For example, running Phishing campaigns on a consistent basis.
We spoke to a business almost a year ago now. When we sent them the quotation for the platform we provide, they said they will build their own. A year later nothing has changed. They are still thinking.
What would be a good idea instead?
In today’s day and age, there are tons of platforms out there to help you with the Security Awareness Training. It will cost you much less than what you would spend to build your own. Look at a few platforms, see which one fits your needs, evaluate the platform then you’re in business. You don’t need a developer, content creator and hosting kit. If you’re a 100 user company the platform might cost around £1500 per year but to build your own will cost you an arm and a leg.
Need to know how do you choose a Security Awareness Platform? We’ve got your back, here’s a blog post for you.
Please get in touch if you need further help.
- Deadline for the Cyber Essentials Voucher
- Congratulations to the Techforce Sponsorship winners
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- 5 things to consider when selecting a Security Awareness Training (SAT) platform
- 2 Years, Marmite and £600,000
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- How to pick the best Antivirus software for your business
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- How to carry out a baseline email phishing test
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 5 Reasons why you should consider having two monitors
- What is Email phishing & why you need security awareness training in your business
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- How to choose the best IT Service Provider for your business
- How to choose the best Antivirus software for your business
Deadline for the Cyber Essentials Voucher
Any Scottish registered SME can get up to £1,000 voucher towards their Cyber Essentials certification. It is available for first-time applicants. However, the scheme is now coming to close.More
Congratulations to the Techforce Sponsorship winners
Congratulations to the Techforce Sponsorhip winners who will be studying towards the Comptia + Security examsMore
Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
The UK's Information Commissioner's Office has declared that it intends to fine British Airways a record total of £183.4m because of a data breach it suffered during the summer of 2018.More
The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
Even large companies with all the best security in place become victims of malware attacks because they don't do their updates. Find out why patch management is so important for your company.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: