How to share passwords safely in your
watch video here
I can already hear you say “But you always tell us to NEVER share our passwords with anyone!”
There will be times where you need to share passwords with your team. With more services moving to cloud this is now more evident than ever. For example, you have a shared resource, a website host login, HMRC login, some kind of online service with only one login, etc… you get the gist. We are talking about passwords for online services and not the PC login passwords. This happens a lot in a small business.
So how do you share the passwords safely?
Please don’t share them by shouting across the office or passing sticky notes across the desk!
The answer is very simple, A Password Manager.
We use LastPass in our organization and we like it. All of the team members have an account in LastPass with company email. These are free accounts. Everytime we need to share a password we will just share it with the LastPass. Very occasionally the other person needs to see the actual password then we can enable this to happen in the LastPass. We can also go back and remove the share anytime. This way you can manage all online login passwords centrally and still be able to share with other employees in the business. Now there is no need to shout private details across the office.
There are a few other benefits with a password manager. It can help you create strong passwords and help you to remember them. Most of these password managers now also work on smartphones. App logins and website logins on the smartphones are easier than ever, some even use your fingerprint to get in. There are a few password managers around. Examples are LastPass, Dashlane and Keeper are some of the popular ones. They all have Google Chrome and Firefox extensions, making life even easier for you!
We hope that was helpful. If you need more assistance or your business security to be reviewed say hi in the chat box, or give us a call on 01224 51 61 81.
- Why is Cyber Essentials Important?
- TechForce Cyber COVID-19 assistance
- Protecting your Work From Home Workforce
- Risks of staying with Windows 7
- The Essential Cyber Hygiene for your business
- How to implement a SIEM
- Why do you need a SIEM?
- Deadline for the Cyber Essentials Voucher
- New Year cyber security recommendations
- How to uncover network vulnerabilities
- Protecting your identity online
- What is a VPN and why do you need one?
- Quick tips to improve your board’s cybersecurity
- Password Management Software
- How to make of your employees the best line of cyber defence against cyberattacks
- Congratulations to the Techforce Sponsorship winners
- Certificate management processes
- What is Phishing and what can you do to prevent it?
- Found malware, now what do you do?
- Data breaches and other scary 2019 events- Special Halloween post
- How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
- The TechForce Sponsorships
- How to start a career in the security industry
- Protecting your business in the cyber security era
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Is it a good idea to build your own Security Awareness Training platform?
- Invoice fraud email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- 5 things to consider when selecting a Security Awareness Training (SAT) platform
- 2 Years, Marmite and £600,000
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Cyber Essentials Demystified
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- How to pick the best Antivirus software for your business
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- How to carry out a baseline email phishing test
- Hackers On Tour
- In the news - Warning. North Sea firms likely already attacked
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 5 Reasons why you should consider having two monitors
- What is Email phishing & why you need security awareness training in your business
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- How to choose the best IT Service Provider for your business
- How to choose the best Antivirus software for your business
for more useful tips subscribe to our newsletter
Why is Cyber Essentials Important?
More often than not customers ask us the question ‘Why is Cyber Essentials important?’ or ‘Why do we need Cyber Essentials Certification?’More
TechForce Cyber COVID-19 assistance
We are facing one of the biggest challenges we have ever seen. COVID19 sweeping the country. At TechForce, we are trying to do our bit to help.More
Protecting your Work From Home Workforce
There has been an increasing number of businesses asking their staff to work from home to avoid spreading of COVID-19.More
Risks of staying with Windows 7
Windows 7 effectively expired for everyone in January 2020, so now that it’s February are you still running Windows 7?More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: