Hackers On Tour
Back by popular demand our Inside the Mind of a Hacker event is expanding and we are now taking 2 Hackers on Tour around the UK.
Sharing their stories and answering your questions Mike Jones and Thomas Ryan helping businesses understand the threats and how to protect their businesses from Cyber Crime.
Mike Jones (sting3r) The experience Mike has had has been on both sides of security being a long term member of various hacking groups both low level to the point of APT nation state. His experience was refocused to helping industries protect themselves. The key to a good defence is know who you're defending against.
Thomas Ryan is a world-renowned security expert currently employed by Micro Focus Fortify, where he provides and implements strategic application security programs for Fortune 500 companies. Other honorable mentions about Mr. Ryan is his work with the US Military and various global government agencies in the areas of ethical hacking, intelligence and protection details for Former Presidents, Prime Minister and Secretaries of State.
Starting in London on the 18th of February at the University of Westminster, the tour then heads to Edinburgh Napier University on the 19th, then up to Aberdeen on the 21st. On Monday the 25th we head back down south of the boarder to Manchester University then finish the tour in Glasgow Caledonian University on the 26th.
Speaking about the event and the importance to learn more about cyber security, Ayman El Hajjar from the University of Westminster said: “We live in a connected world now where everything is connected to the internet. It is essential for everyone to understand the effect a hacking incident can have on our daily life and how important it is to protect our digital data. In an ever changing world, the discussion of cyber security has never been more important and we hope this event will inspire all who attend.”
Join in live online or in person at the event by submitting your questions on Twitter using the hashtag #HackersOnTour
If you can't make it we will be streaming it live on YouTube, so please subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss out.
- Why is Cyber Essentials Important?
- TechForce Cyber COVID-19 assistance
- Event - Deploying a cloud-based attack infrastructure for Penetration Testing
- The Essential Cyber Hygiene for your business
- Event - Recovering from a Cyber attack. Business continuity and Lessons learned.
- Why do you need a SIEM?
- New Year cyber security recommendations
- How to uncover network vulnerabilities
- Protecting your identity online
- Aberdeen University- Skills Development Event
- What is a VPN and why do you need one?
- Quick tips to improve your board’s cybersecurity
- Password Management Software
- How to make of your employees the best line of cyber defence against cyberattacks
- Certificate management processes
- What is Phishing and what can you do to prevent it?
- Found malware, now what do you do?
- Data breaches and other scary 2019 events- Special Halloween post
- How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
- Event- Cybersecurity and Industrial Control Systems
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman: London edition
- The TechForce Sponsorships
- How to start a career in the security industry
- Protecting your business in the cyber security era
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Invoice fraud email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Cyber Essentials Demystified
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- In the news - Warning. North Sea firms likely already attacked
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Inside the Mind of a Hacker - Event
- Lunch & Learn Event
Book Your Tickets Here
London 18th February
Edinburgh 19th February
Aberdeen 21st February
Manchester 25th February
Glasgow 26th February
Why is Cyber Essentials Important?
More often than not customers ask us the question ‘Why is Cyber Essentials important?’ or ‘Why do we need Cyber Essentials Certification?’More
TechForce Cyber COVID-19 assistance
We are facing one of the biggest challenges we have ever seen. COVID19 sweeping the country. At TechForce, we are trying to do our bit to help.More
Event - Deploying a cloud-based attack infrastructure for Penetration Testing
Our guest is Leo McCavana, a Red Team operator for Fortune 500, currently working for Allstate Northern Ireland. Leo's presentation, and live demo, will be on “deploying a cloud-based attack infrastructure”.More
The Essential Cyber Hygiene for your business
We hear about the Travelex, British Airways, Maersk and Equifax data breaches. Over 90% of these incidents can be prevented by following basic Cyber Hygiene for your businessMore
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: