Hackers On Tour
Back by popular demand our Inside the Mind of a Hacker event is expanding and we are now taking 2 Hackers on Tour around the UK.
Sharing their stories and answering your questions Mike Jones and Thomas Ryan helping businesses understand the threats and how to protect their businesses from Cyber Crime.
Mike Jones (sting3r) The experience Mike has had has been on both sides of security being a long term member of various hacking groups both low level to the point of APT nation state. His experience was refocused to helping industries protect themselves. The key to a good defence is know who you're defending against.
Thomas Ryan is a world-renowned security expert currently employed by Micro Focus Fortify, where he provides and implements strategic application security programs for Fortune 500 companies. Other honorable mentions about Mr. Ryan is his work with the US Military and various global government agencies in the areas of ethical hacking, intelligence and protection details for Former Presidents, Prime Minister and Secretaries of State.
Starting in London on the 18th of February at the University of Westminster, the tour then heads to Edinburgh Napier University on the 19th, then up to Aberdeen on the 21st. On Monday the 25th we head back down south of the boarder to Manchester University then finish the tour in Glasgow Caledonian University on the 26th.
Speaking about the event and the importance to learn more about cyber security, Ayman El Hajjar from the University of Westminster said: “We live in a connected world now where everything is connected to the internet. It is essential for everyone to understand the effect a hacking incident can have on our daily life and how important it is to protect our digital data. In an ever changing world, the discussion of cyber security has never been more important and we hope this event will inspire all who attend.”
Join in live online or in person at the event by submitting your questions on Twitter using the hashtag #HackersOnTour
If you can't make it we will be streaming it live on YouTube, so please subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss out.
- Event- Cybersecurity and Industrial Control Systems
- How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman: London edition
- The TechForce Sponsorships
- How to start a career in the security industry
- Protecting your business in the cyber security era
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- Cyber Essentials Demystified
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- In the news - Warning. North Sea firms likely already attacked
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Inside the Mind of a Hacker - Event
- Lunch & Learn Event
Book Your Tickets Here
London 18th February
Edinburgh 19th February
Aberdeen 21st February
Manchester 25th February
Glasgow 26th February
Event- Cybersecurity and Industrial Control Systems
Join us at the bimonthly RGU cybersecurity meet up, sponsored by The Techforce Cyber. This time the topic is cyber security and industrial control systems.More
How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
There’s a few ways to improve the approach to the company board that will significantly help to get them onboard with improving cyber security, especially when linking this to risk mitigation.More
Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman: London edition
Join us at Barclays Rise for a fireside chat with A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman who will be sharing their stories of how they got into Cyber Security, real world examples and key issues businesses need to address now.More
The TechForce Sponsorships
Are you interested in kickstarting your career in cybersecurity? You could be eligible for funding towards the CompTIA Security+ exam, covering up to 100% of the exam cost.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: