Cyber Essentials Demystified
As part of Cyber Scotland Week we are hosting an event to help businesses understand the importance of Cyber Security and how getting Cyber Essentials Certification can benefit your business.
Cyber Essentials Certification is a government-backed, industry supported certification run by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). Cyber Essentials helps you to guard against the most common cyber threats and demonstrate your commitment to Cyber Security. The stats show that more than 80% of the successful cyber-attacks could have been prevented with the basic security controls in place. Cyber Essentials will help you with exactly that but where do you start, how do you start, who do you need and what do you need?
At this event ‘Cyber Essentials Demystified’ we will provide the exact information you need.
- Which certification is right for you.
- How do you start your journey towards the certification.
- How do you get the Scottish Govt grants.
- The security controls you need to put in place, timescales and the costs.
Jai Aenugu from TheTechForce Limited and Robbie Ross from Police Scotland will share the stage in explaining the process, significance and the benefits of achieving the Certification.
11:30am - Arrivals & Registration
11:45am - Lunch & Networking
12:15pm - Presentation from Robbie Ross, Police Scotland
12:35pm - Presentation from Jai Aenugu, TheTechForce Limited
1:15pm - Q&A
1:35pm - Networking
2:00pm - Close
All profits from this event will be donated to Charlie House.
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- Hackers On Tour
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- In the news - Warning. North Sea firms likely already attacked
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Inside the Mind of a Hacker - Event
- Lunch & Learn Event
How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
The Scottish Government is very aware of the threat Cyber Attacks have and is encouraging businesses to go through Cyber Essentials certification and is offering up to a £1,000 voucher per business. This is how to claim it.More
What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
Business Email Compromise (BEC), the biggest Cybersecurity threat for SMEs. As the FBI reported it costs businesses $12bn between December 2016 and May 2018. Here are a few simple steps you can take to avoid BEC in most cases.More
Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
You've heard of Cyber Essentials but not sure if you need it for your business? Here are 15 things you should know about it.More
6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
More than 91% of the successful cyber attacks start from an email. Email is the source of (nearly) all cyber problems and people are the weakest link! Here are 6 basic security measures to keep your digital life secure.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: