Cyber Essentials Demystified
As part of Cyber Scotland Week we are hosting an event to help businesses understand the importance of Cyber Security and how getting Cyber Essentials Certification can benefit your business.
Cyber Essentials Certification is a government-backed, industry supported certification run by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). Cyber Essentials helps you to guard against the most common cyber threats and demonstrate your commitment to Cyber Security. The stats show that more than 80% of the successful cyber-attacks could have been prevented with the basic security controls in place. Cyber Essentials will help you with exactly that but where do you start, how do you start, who do you need and what do you need?
At this event ‘Cyber Essentials Demystified’ we will provide the exact information you need.
- Which certification is right for you.
- How do you start your journey towards the certification.
- How do you get the Scottish Govt grants.
- The security controls you need to put in place, timescales and the costs.
Jai Aenugu from TheTechForce Limited and Robbie Ross from Police Scotland will share the stage in explaining the process, significance and the benefits of achieving the Certification.
11:30am - Arrivals & Registration
11:45am - Lunch & Networking
12:15pm - Presentation from Robbie Ross, Police Scotland
12:35pm - Presentation from Jai Aenugu, TheTechForce Limited
1:15pm - Q&A
1:35pm - Networking
2:00pm - Close
All profits from this event will be donated to Charlie House.
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- Hackers On Tour
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- In the news - Warning. North Sea firms likely already attacked
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Inside the Mind of a Hacker - Event
- Lunch & Learn Event
Secure Your Supply Chain
You might take Cyber Security seriously, but how about your suppliers? Here is why you need to secure your supply chain, now.More
Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman
Join us at ONE Codebase for a fireside chat with A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman who will be sharing their stories of how they got into Cyber Security, real world examples and key issues businesses need to address now.More
Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
The UK's Information Commissioner's Office has declared that it intends to fine British Airways a record total of £183.4m because of a data breach it suffered during the summer of 2018.More
The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
Even large companies with all the best security in place become victims of malware attacks because they don't do their updates. Find out why patch management is so important for your company.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: