Cyber Essentials Demystified
As part of Cyber Scotland Week we are hosting an event to help businesses understand the importance of Cyber Security and how getting Cyber Essentials Certification can benefit your business.
Cyber Essentials Certification is a government-backed, industry supported certification run by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). Cyber Essentials helps you to guard against the most common cyber threats and demonstrate your commitment to Cyber Security. The stats show that more than 80% of the successful cyber-attacks could have been prevented with the basic security controls in place. Cyber Essentials will help you with exactly that but where do you start, how do you start, who do you need and what do you need?
At this event ‘Cyber Essentials Demystified’ we will provide the exact information you need.
- Which certification is right for you.
- How do you start your journey towards the certification.
- How do you get the Scottish Govt grants.
- The security controls you need to put in place, timescales and the costs.
Jai Aenugu from TheTechForce Limited and Robbie Ross from Police Scotland will share the stage in explaining the process, significance and the benefits of achieving the Certification.
11:30am - Arrivals & Registration
11:45am - Lunch & Networking
12:15pm - Presentation from Robbie Ross, Police Scotland
12:35pm - Presentation from Jai Aenugu, TheTechForce Limited
1:15pm - Q&A
1:35pm - Networking
2:00pm - Close
All profits from this event will be donated to Charlie House.
- Why is Cyber Essentials Important?
- TechForce Cyber COVID-19 assistance
- Event - Deploying a cloud-based attack infrastructure for Penetration Testing
- The Essential Cyber Hygiene for your business
- Event - Recovering from a Cyber attack. Business continuity and Lessons learned.
- Why do you need a SIEM?
- New Year cyber security recommendations
- How to uncover network vulnerabilities
- Protecting your identity online
- Aberdeen University- Skills Development Event
- What is a VPN and why do you need one?
- Quick tips to improve your board’s cybersecurity
- Password Management Software
- How to make of your employees the best line of cyber defence against cyberattacks
- Certificate management processes
- What is Phishing and what can you do to prevent it?
- Found malware, now what do you do?
- Data breaches and other scary 2019 events- Special Halloween post
- How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
- Event- Cybersecurity and Industrial Control Systems
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman: London edition
- The TechForce Sponsorships
- How to start a career in the security industry
- Protecting your business in the cyber security era
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Invoice fraud email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- Hackers On Tour
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- In the news - Warning. North Sea firms likely already attacked
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Inside the Mind of a Hacker - Event
- Lunch & Learn Event
Why is Cyber Essentials Important?
More often than not customers ask us the question ‘Why is Cyber Essentials important?’ or ‘Why do we need Cyber Essentials Certification?’More
TechForce Cyber COVID-19 assistance
We are facing one of the biggest challenges we have ever seen. COVID19 sweeping the country. At TechForce, we are trying to do our bit to help.More
Event - Deploying a cloud-based attack infrastructure for Penetration Testing
Our guest is Leo McCavana, a Red Team operator for Fortune 500, currently working for Allstate Northern Ireland. Leo's presentation, and live demo, will be on “deploying a cloud-based attack infrastructure”.More
The Essential Cyber Hygiene for your business
We hear about the Travelex, British Airways, Maersk and Equifax data breaches. Over 90% of these incidents can be prevented by following basic Cyber Hygiene for your businessMore
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: