Cyber Essentials Demystified
As part of Cyber Scotland Week we are hosting an event to help businesses understand the importance of Cyber Security and how getting Cyber Essentials Certification can benefit your business.
Cyber Essentials Certification is a government-backed, industry supported certification run by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). Cyber Essentials helps you to guard against the most common cyber threats and demonstrate your commitment to Cyber Security. The stats show that more than 80% of the successful cyber-attacks could have been prevented with the basic security controls in place. Cyber Essentials will help you with exactly that but where do you start, how do you start, who do you need and what do you need?
At this event ‘Cyber Essentials Demystified’ we will provide the exact information you need.
- Which certification is right for you.
- How do you start your journey towards the certification.
- How do you get the Scottish Govt grants.
- The security controls you need to put in place, timescales and the costs.
Jai Aenugu from TheTechForce Limited and Robbie Ross from Police Scotland will share the stage in explaining the process, significance and the benefits of achieving the Certification.
11:30am - Arrivals & Registration
11:45am - Lunch & Networking
12:15pm - Presentation from Robbie Ross, Police Scotland
12:35pm - Presentation from Jai Aenugu, TheTechForce Limited
1:15pm - Q&A
1:35pm - Networking
2:00pm - Close
All profits from this event will be donated to Charlie House.
- What is Phishing and what can you do to prevent it?
- Found malware, now what do you do?
- Data breaches and other scary 2019 events- Special Halloween post
- How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
- Event- Cybersecurity and Industrial Control Systems
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman: London edition
- The TechForce Sponsorships
- How to start a career in the security industry
- Protecting your business in the cyber security era
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Event - A Hacker, A CISO and A Policeman
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- Hackers On Tour
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- In the news - Warning. North Sea firms likely already attacked
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Inside the Mind of a Hacker - Event
- Lunch & Learn Event
What is Phishing and what can you do to prevent it?
Phishing is a type of online scam where criminals send an email that appears to be from a legitimate company and ask you to provide sensitive informationMore
Found malware, now what do you do?
You’ve found some malware on your computer, so what should you do next? What’s the best approach? We’ll run through a few things that will greatly assist in identifying and isolating the malwareMore
Data breaches and other scary 2019 events- Special Halloween post
It’s that time of the year again, where the ghosts come out of the cupboard and the witches cackle. These are the scariest parts of cyber security from 2019 and the scale of how scary they actually are.More
How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
There’s a few ways to improve the approach to the company board that will significantly help to get them onboard with improving cyber security, especially when linking this to risk mitigation.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: