WARNING. North Sea firms likely already attacked
Mike Jones, a former hacker, joined us for a fireside chat at Robert Gordon University to share his story and insights about Cyber Security.
The 4 main points to takeaway are:
1. A hacker is always going to find a way in.
2. A lot of networks are compromised because of employees clicking on bad emails or using compromised USB sticks.
3. The faster you stay on top of technology and educate people about the vulnerabilities the longer you can put of the inevitable.
4. Unless you educate your staff about security and how their behaviours affect the company, you'll be wasting your time doing anything else.
Read the full Press and Journal article here
Mike will be returning for more events in 2019.
Follow us on social media to make sure you don't miss our latest updates.
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- Cyber Essentials Demystified
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- Hackers On Tour
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Start-up a force to be reckoned with.
How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
The Scottish Government is very aware of the threat Cyber Attacks have and is encouraging businesses to go through Cyber Essentials certification and is offering up to a £1,000 voucher per business. This is how to claim it.More
What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
Business Email Compromise (BEC), the biggest Cybersecurity threat for SMEs. As the FBI reported it costs businesses $12bn between December 2016 and May 2018. Here are a few simple steps you can take to avoid BEC in most cases.More
Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
You've heard of Cyber Essentials but not sure if you need it for your business? Here are 15 things you should know about it.More
Cyber Essentials Demystified
As part of Cyber Scotland Week we are hosting an event to help businesses understand the importance of Cyber Security and how getting Cyber Essentials Certification can benefit your business.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: