WARNING. North Sea firms likely already attacked
Mike Jones, a former hacker, joined us for a fireside chat at Robert Gordon University to share his story and insights about Cyber Security.
The 4 main points to takeaway are:
1. A hacker is always going to find a way in.
2. A lot of networks are compromised because of employees clicking on bad emails or using compromised USB sticks.
3. The faster you stay on top of technology and educate people about the vulnerabilities the longer you can put of the inevitable.
4. Unless you educate your staff about security and how their behaviours affect the company, you'll be wasting your time doing anything else.
Read the full Press and Journal article here
Mike will be returning for more events in 2019.
Follow us on social media to make sure you don't miss our latest updates.
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- Cyber Essentials Demystified
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- Hackers On Tour
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Start-up a force to be reckoned with.
Secure Your Supply Chain
You might take Cyber Security seriously, but how about your suppliers? Here is why you need to secure your supply chain, now.More
Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
The UK's Information Commissioner's Office has declared that it intends to fine British Airways a record total of £183.4m because of a data breach it suffered during the summer of 2018.More
The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
Even large companies with all the best security in place become victims of malware attacks because they don't do their updates. Find out why patch management is so important for your company.More
Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
The fake invoice scam has been impacting an unbelievable amount of businesses lately costing £000’s every day. Every other day there is a business hit with this type of attack. Here are some simple tips you can implement now.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: