WARNING. North Sea firms likely already attacked
Mike Jones, a former hacker, joined us for a fireside chat at Robert Gordon University to share his story and insights about Cyber Security.
The 4 main points to takeaway are:
1. A hacker is always going to find a way in.
2. A lot of networks are compromised because of employees clicking on bad emails or using compromised USB sticks.
3. The faster you stay on top of technology and educate people about the vulnerabilities the longer you can put of the inevitable.
4. Unless you educate your staff about security and how their behaviours affect the company, you'll be wasting your time doing anything else.
Read the full Press and Journal article here
Mike will be returning for more events in 2019.
Follow us on social media to make sure you don't miss our latest updates.
- New Year cyber security recommendations
- How to uncover network vulnerabilities
- Protecting your identity online
- What is a VPN and why do you need one?
- Quick tips to improve your board’s cybersecurity
- Password Management Software
- How to make of your employees the best line of cyber defence against cyberattacks
- Certificate management processes
- What is Phishing and what can you do to prevent it?
- Found malware, now what do you do?
- Data breaches and other scary 2019 events- Special Halloween post
- How to get your cyber security budget approved by the board
- The TechForce Sponsorships
- How to start a career in the security industry
- Protecting your business in the cyber security era
- Secure Your Supply Chain
- Case study: British Airways Fined £183.4million for Data Breach
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- Cyber Essentials Demystified
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- Hackers On Tour
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- Start-up a force to be reckoned with.
New Year cyber security recommendations
In this blog post we give you some new year cyber security recommendations to protect your accounts and identityMore
How to uncover network vulnerabilities
If you are new in IT and want to know where to start finding vulnerabilities on the network you're managing this blog post might be for you.More
Protecting your identity online
Is it possible to really protect your identity online? How do “you” protect your identity online and how do others that have your identification details protect you in the ever expanding “online” aspect of computing?More
What is a VPN and why do you need one?
We tell you in this post why it is useful to have a VPN connectionMore
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: