5 Reasons why you should consider having two monitors
watch video here
In one of my jobs, one day I went up to my manager and said,
‘we need to standardise two monitors setup across the board’
He was a finance director and said NO. I explained the benefits but he still said no. The next morning I set up two monitors for him. Left it for two weeks and then asked for the second monitor to be back. He said no and long story short, we standardised the dual monitor setup across the company.
Why did I suggest a dual monitor setup? Here are 5 reasons why.
Simple. Get more done. With two screens you have more screen space. You can view multiple applications at the same time on two different screens and work with them. I personally prefer to have my emails on one screen and the browser on the other screen as most of our apps are web-based. You will no longer to need to switch between the apps to view them, you can simply drag and drop files across the screens.
Referencing between apps is much easy. You can have two applications on two screens and work. For example, you are extracting information from a PDF or a website into an excel spreadsheet then having them both side-by-side is much simpler to work with.
This is similar to referencing. Comparing the data between the two apps is a piece of cake with two screens. Having two files side by side and comparing is much easier. There are many benefits to having a dual screen setup. As well as the benefits one drawback of this set up is it takes up the desk space. Given the upside outweighs the downside I would absolutely recommend having a two monitor setup.
When using video sharing application such as Skype or Zoom, you can have the video of the person you are chatting with on one screen while referencing files or sharing the other screen.
5. Simple to Use
Most modern computers and laptops come with the ability to use dual monitors and works well with docking stations. Read more about why laptops are better than desktops for your business here. Once set up and configured they are very easy and doesn’t usually require any additional software.
Ultimately using 2 screens leads to increased productivity due to larger and and more flexible work space. Costs have reduced considerably for monitors in recent years, making it easier for you to convince your Finance Director!
Here at The TechForce we love helping companies use technology better to improve their business. If you need help improving the efficiency of the IT systems in your business send us a message here.
- The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
- Is it a good idea to build your own Security Awareness Training platform?
- Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
- How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
- 5 things to consider when selecting a Security Awareness Training (SAT) platform
- 2 Years, Marmite and £600,000
- What is Business Email Compromise (BEC) and how to stop it
- Everything you need to know about Cyber Essentials
- How to choose a Security Awareness Platform
- How to pick the best Antivirus software for your business
- 6 Quick and Easy Email Security Tips for Dummies
- How to carry out a baseline email phishing test
- How to share passwords safely in your Small Business
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- What is Email phishing & why you need security awareness training in your business
- 6 Top Tips to Prevent Cyber Attacks
- How to choose the best IT Service Provider for your business
- How to choose the best Antivirus software for your business
For more useful tips sign up to our newsletter
The Silver Bullet in Cyber Security
Even large companies with all the best security in place become victims of malware attacks because they don't do their updates. Find out why patch management is so important for your company.More
Is it a good idea to build your own Security Awareness Training platform?
Should you build your own Security Awareness Training platform? Nope! And here are the reasons why.More
Fake invoice email scams and Office 365
The fake invoice scam has been impacting an unbelievable amount of businesses lately costing £000’s every day. Every other day there is a business hit with this type of attack. Here are some simple tips you can implement now.More
How to apply for the Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme
The Scottish Government is very aware of the threat Cyber Attacks have and is encouraging businesses to go through Cyber Essentials certification and is offering up to a £1,000 voucher per business. This is how to claim it.More
FOR LATEST UPDATES SUBSCRIBE HERE: