We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to be our Operations Engineer. We will need a person that has the passion for customer service and we can teach the skills if needed. You just need to be a people’s person with genuine interest in Tech.
As an Operations Engineer, you will act as the first point of contact for TechForce’s customers to report issues and faults relating to their service. The primary objective of the role is to provide first-time resolution. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolved problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the fault to one of our 2nd/3rd line specialist teams to investigate and resolve.
Throughout this process you will remain the single point of contact with the customer, maintaining ownership of the original fault and acting as the main point of contact between the customer and the TechForce but providing timely updates and ensuring the fault is given the correct level of priority and attention.
This is a demanding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Windows servers, printers, Office software, PC issues, etc. You will also be involved in dealing with vendors, partners and procurement.
- Dealing with incoming faults in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Taking ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable the first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers’ satisfaction & follow up
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first-time fault resolution
- Keeping the documentation up to date while also writing Standard Operating Procedures for repeated tasks
- Manage a number of scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers’ systems remain operational
- Dealing with suppliers and vendors for support, procurement, Invoices and bills
- Procurement of IT software and hardware as and when required
- Other administration tasks as and when required
Skills & Experience
- Familiar with working on Windows 7/10/server 2008/2012 & Mac OSX
- A keen interest in networking and WAN technology
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer-first approach to support
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Natural aptitude for troubleshooting & problem-solving
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
Or send your CV to email@example.com. Video CVs are welcome too.