50% of the proceedings goes to ‘Charity of The Year’.
Murray Kerr is the Founder and Managing Director of SengS subsea engineering solutions which was recently acquired by Pryme Group. Murray left school at 15 with no qualifications and began his career with the Royal Navy. In 2012, Murray remortgaged his home in order to start his own business, SengS subsea engineering solutions providing Engineering Design, Consultancy, IRM Project Support, Testing & Flushing, Subsea Tooling and Repair and refurbishment of subsea and topside applications. Within four months, SengS achieved a net profit of £150,000 and within two years it was a whopping £2.1m net profit. From its humble beginnings, SengS now employs almost 20 staff and has a turnover of £2million. Murray was shortlisted in numerous awards winning almost all of them in 2015. Please see below for the list of awards won. Murray has a passion for helping School leavers as well as young adults.
• EY Entrepreneur of the year in National finals for Scotland (Short-listed – Awards night in October 2015)
• EY Entrepreneur of the year in regional finals for Scotland (won)
• Emerging entrepreneur of the year in Elevator awards (won)
• Young professional award at Offshore Achievement Awards (won)
• Inspiring Leader award at Offshore Achievement Awards (was award certificate – “highly commended”)
• Business success under 3 years award at Enterprise North East Trust (won)
• Emerging industry leader at Press and Journal Gold Awards (Won)
6:30pm – Meet, Refreshments and Network
7:00pm – Introductions
7:15pm – Talk, Q&A with Murray
8:30pm – Refreshments and Network
9:00pm – Close
Jai Aenugu, Managing Director at TheTechForce Limited